Sunday, December 16

December

It has been quite awhile since an update, due largely in part to my new found addiction to instagram. But I received quite a few requests for an update from my biggest fan of the blog (my brother-in-law) so here we go.
December has been beautiful thus far. We have our tree up and just like Christmases past, we are only able to keep the top 1/3 decorated. Any lower and Luke the destroyer has his way with it. He has succeeded two times thus far in unraveling the bottom string of lights.

Decembering

My fellas hanging the lights
Luke the Destroyer

Max turns 4 in one week and we are taking him to the Greatwolf Lodge for an overnight with my parents, his brothers, and his cousin. They will have their own little cabin to bunk up in and I am excited to see their "Snow land" festivities they have every year. Max is at a very healthy point at this moment in regards to his immune deficiency. He made some antibodies to a vaccine after a miserable week of pneumonia and fevers climbing to 104. He is still on continuous antibiotics but is much happier, more vocal, and sleeping more soundly. Can't wait to celebrate with him on his big day.


Noah's loving school and recently got an award for "consideration." That word sums him up so well. He is the sweetest boy and there are days I would be run over by the other two if I didn't have his help. He can write, he can read, and he is so loving. So very proud of him.

Luke is still my baby but growing everyday. He has more and more words to share with us every day when we succeed at removing the binkie from his little death grip. He is through and through a mama's boy and lately will cry and throw himself to the ground when I leave the room. I roll my eyes and act exacerbated but truly love these little antics so much.
As for myself, I recently got some not-so-great news about my back. I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis (an arthritis that attacks the spine) seven years ago. I did a year of treatment at Harborview where my husband served as my nurse administering injections into my rear. Shortly after I became pregnant with Noah and my symptoms went away, as is the case with many forms of arthritis. Thus my frequent pregnancies that spanned the last six years made my condition all but obsolete. A few weeks ago I had surgery that somehow set off a flare up. The pain has been awful and my doctor, who is wonderful, said that my immune system is attacking my body leading to the chronic inflammation and the deterioration of my lower spine and right sacroiliac joint. The plan is to see a Rheumatologist in four weeks time and likely start Methrotrexate (a chemo drug). I have done similar treatment before and am not looking forward to the side effects they bring. But at the same time it has been a very emotional week with the tragedy in Connecticut making me all too aware of the four blessings I have in this home and the motivation to do whatever it takes to be healthy for them.
My favorite thing that happened in 2012 was to watch my two oldest boys become the best of friends. They do everything together and love now more then they fight. They choose to have sleepovers nightly and love to be pirates and  ninjas hiding out in their forts.

Many exciting things to come in 2013, with this week being celebrated with Noah's first Christmas Pageant (he is a wolf, don't try to find his character in the bible though), the trip to Great Wolf Lodge to celebrate Max turning four, making Gingerbread Houses at Noah's school as their room mom, a party at Max's school on Friday, and of course Christmas! I know this will be one of the best Christmas's yet. It is so magical when your kids believe in Santa. Will focus on the good things to come, and pray for a healthy 2013 for all.
Blessings to you and yours.

1 notes:

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one today.

Feel free to surf to my blog post: http://buymaleextra.eklablog.com/maleextra-review-buy-cheap-maleextra-online-a65224747